This office strives for excellence by providing quality service, responding to citizens' needs, and anticipating future growth so that the quality of life in the City of Ingleside is enhanced. This Office is dedicated to upholding the integrity of public service by providing high performance, professional assistance, and direction, accountability, integrity, involvement, and diversity; all in a fair and timely manner.
Goals & Services Provided
This Office maintains its responsibilities to the citizens of Ingleside directly and indirectly through service to the Mayor and Council and in the area of Records Management as outlined by State law and by City Charter; with primary duties being recording City Council actions and preserving, maintaining, and providing access to public information.
In addition, this Office assists the Human Resources Department to attract, hire, develop and retain qualified employees through quality training, equal employment opportunities, compliance with employment laws and City policies, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and opportunities for professional development. Also, this Office must explore new methods and develop skills to effectively respond to the diversified needs of our citizens.
The City Secretary serves in the following capacities:
- City Council
- Prepares and preserves all records pertaining to the City Council
- Maintains the official City Seal and Attests all official documents
- Posting meeting notices
- Publishing legal notices
- Preparing for and attending City Council meetings
- Preparing the minutes
- Maintaining the official Council Minute Book
- Overseeing the appointment process for the City's Boards, Commissions, and Committees.
- Elections Administrator
- Serves as Elections Administrator for all city-held elections
- Prepares all election materials
- Obtains election judges
- Sets up election facilities
- Prepares documentation on the voting rights act submission to the U.S. Justice Department
- Records Management
- Provides information maintained in our office as authorized by the City Charter and State Law (Public Information Act)
- The City Secretary has custodial authority for all City records, directing their maintenance and disposition in accordance with Texas State Library requirements. The Assistant City Secretary acts on behalf of the City Secretary to provide information maintained in our office as authorized by the City Charter and State Law (Public Information Act). Download the Public Records Requests Form (PDF) or email Records Management.