Driving Safety Course
- What will I be ordered to do if I am granted permission to take a Driving Safety Course?
A Driving Safety Course is a 6-hour course in which you will be given 90 days to complete from the date the Judge grants you permission. The course may be taken online or in person. You will also be required to obtain your Driving Record through Texas Department of Public Safety. Upon successful completion of the agreement, the offense will be dismissed and not reported as a conviction.
- What is required at the time I request a Driving Safety Course?
- Requests must be made on or before your Court appearance date. Requests are encouraged by email, mail or drop box.
- Proof of valid Texas Driver's License or permit. If you are on active military duty or an active duty military spouse or dependent child, you are not required to have a valid Texas Driver's License or Permit.
- Proof of Financial Responsibility (Insurance).
- Plea of Nolo Contendere (No Contest) or Guilty, which waives your right to a Jury Trial.
- Payment of Fine and Costs of $144 (If the violation occurred in a School Zone the Fine and Costs are $169).
- Sworn Request/Affidavit for Driving Safety Course Driving Safety Course Request/Affidavit Form.
- Once I am granted permission by the Court, how do I find a Texas State-approved Driving Safety Course and obtain a copy of my Driving Record?
View the State-Approved Driving Safety Courses.
Visit the Texas Department of Public Safety website to order a copy of your Driver Record online.
Nothing contained herein is intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information on this site is compiled and made available as a public service by the Ingleside Municipal Court. However, neither the Court nor the City of Ingleside makes any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information herein, and is not responsible for errors or omissions, or for results obtained from the use of this information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.