The Water Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of:
- 3 elevated water towers
- 2 ground storage tanks
- 2 pump stations
The Water Department installs and repairs water and sewer lines and taps, turns on and off water services, reads 3,000 water meters on a monthly basis, services 160 fire hydrants throughout the city, as well as responds to requests for service.
Who to Call
- Open a Water Service Account / Questions regarding your monthly water bill - Please call the Utility Department at City Hall at 361-776-2517
- Water service issue or question - Please call the Water Department office at 361-776-7409.
- After-hours service issues/emergencies - Please call the Ingleside Police Department at 361-776-2531
Call Before You Dig
State law requires that you call 800-344-8377 to locate underground lines 48 hours before digging or trenching.
Visit the Texas 811 website for all underground utility lines located other than water and wastewater
Drinking Water Quality Report
The City of Ingleside provides an annual Drinking Water Quality Report to all residents. This report can be obtained at the Utility Billing Department at City Hall or viewed in the Archive Center. The Drinking Water Quality Report is produced yearly and will always show information from the previous year.
About Our Local Water Supply
San Patricio Municipal Water District (SPMWD)
The SPMWD obtains its water supply from the Choke Canyon/Lake Corpus Christi Reservoir System within the River Basin. These reservoirs are fed by the Nueces, Frio, and Atascosa Rivers. The upper reaches of these rivers flow through the Edwards Aquifer Recharge Zone. During periods of low flow, most of the river flow north of the aquifer is captured by the aquifer, excluding the northern portion of the basin from the reservoir’s watershed.
Important Information For Our Water Customers
Public Water Systems are required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to collect and submit chemical samples of the water provided to their customers and report the results of those samples to the TCEQ.
The City of Ingleside does provide all customers with an Annual Water Quality Report.
John WittWater Supervisor
Public WorksPhysical Address
2525 8th Street
Ingleside, TX 78362
2525 8th Street Ingleside TX 78362
P.O. Drawer 400
Ingleside, TX 78362
Phone: 361-776-7409 or 361-776-7315Fax: 361-775-1138Emergency Phone: 361-776-2531
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm
- What causes taste and odor in my drinking water?
- Why does chilled tap water taste better than water straight from the tap?
- Do we have hard water?
- Is fluoride added to Ingleside’s water?
- Why does my water seem cloudy?
- Is my water safer with water purification devices?
- Is chlorine a safe disinfectant for drinking water?
- How does Ingleside’s water rate regarding quality?