The information on this page is dated to the most recent elections. The information for any upcoming elections is posted as soon as it becomes available in accordance with Texas state election laws.
General Election Information
The General Election of Council Members/Mayor whose terms are expiring is scheduled for the first Saturday in May of each year. All elections are held in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas Election Code and in accordance with the City Charter of the City of Ingleside and Ordinance or Resolution adopted by the Council for the conduct of elections.
The City Secretary's Office, as the City's designated Administrator of Elections, coordinates all City Elections in accordance with the City Charter and Texas Election Code. A calendar of election events for the annual general election elections will be posted on our site as it is available each year; with Candidate Packets available just prior to the beginning of the filing period. Qualifications for Mayor and Council candidates, Voter Registration Forms, and polling locations can be viewed online as information becomes available. All special election calendars of events will be posted on our site when applicable.
- View our Expiring Terms (PDF)
City of Ingleside 2023 Election
- Notice of Special Election For Other Political Subdivisions Form 1-13 (PDF)
- Order of Special Election for Municipalities Form 1-6 (PDF)
- PUBLIC NOTICE OF TEST OF AUTOMATIC TABULATING EQUIPMENT AND ELECTRONIC VOTING SYSTEM, MAY 2023 (PDF)
Canvass of Ingleside General / Special Election Results
Deadline to File to Be on the Ballot
If you would like to run for an elected office in the City of Ingleside in 2023, it is important that you file between the dates of January 18, 2023, and February 17, 2023. If you wish to file for office, read the Official Notice of Deadline to File an Application for Place on the Ballot by clicking the link below.
View the official Notice of Deadline to File an Application for Place on the Ballot (PDF).
Application for a Place on the City of Ingleside General Election Ballot
The Application For A Place On The City Of Ingleside General Election Ballot may be turned in to the City Secretary’s Office between the dates of January 18, 2023 and February 17, 2023.
The essential information for anyone planning on running for office in the City of Ingleside is available at following link; 2023 City of Ingleside General Election Candidate Packet (PDF).
Election Calendar & Polling Location for the City of Ingleside
Current Office Holders
Request For Ballot By Mail
You can request a ballot by mail for the City of Ingleside election.
Qualifications for Mayor & Council Candidates
- At least 21 years of age
- A citizen and qualified voter of the State of Texas and the City of Ingleside
- Shall have resided within the City for at least 12 months immediately prior to the election
- Neither the Mayor nor any member of the Council shall hold any other office or employment under City Government while a member of the Council nor hold any other paid employment under City Government within 2 years thereafter unless such employment be an elective office
The Mayor and Members of the City Council shall be elected at-large. Such term for Council Members shall be on a two-year staggered basis and the Mayor shall also serve for a term of two years. The Mayor and each Council Member shall receive compensation at a rate of $50 per meeting with a maximum of one hundred $100 per month.